My interests include playing many different sports but my favourite sport is soccer. I love listening to different styles of music especially rap, hip-hop and punk rock.  My hobbies include collecting badges and patches.

Language plays an important role in my life because my mother tongue is Tamil and often my parents talk to me in Tamil and since this is my mother tongue I feel that it is important to be able to speak it since it ties me more to my cultural heritage. Its also the easiest way for me to express myself and feelings.

Image result for resilient bending treeI think that it is important to study language because I belief that you should have a better understanding of the language you are speaking and because language is the most common and widespread form of communication and yet I personally don't know much about how important and powerful language can be. I haven't felt excluded due to language barriers because even in Malaysia I was still speaking English with my parents and went to an English medium school so I didn't feel left out by anyone when I migrated to Australia.

This year my goal is to try to be more organised with my school work so that I can be more vocal in class when discussing topics. The material we will cover in class will in a way force me to be prepared for class which is the push I need to achieve my goal. Over the next two years I feel that I will naturally become a more organised and time-managed person due to the amount of workload and time that needs to be invested in the DP program.


Comments

  1. Nice set of goals :) It seems you know yourself enough so that you are able to improve in your organization naturally without having to add new routines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re all in this together, so if you need anyone to help you with something or if you’re unsure, feel free to talk to any of your teachers or even us (aka your peers). I, too, need to organize my school work because I’m honestly awful at it. Can’t wait to be really working with you this year and welcome to Raha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your days at Raha has e been good so far, and everyone has been welcoming! I agree with you about how this might as well just force us to become organised due to the workload. I really hope it does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys a ton! Its always hard moving but everyone has been awesome and I am looking forward to getting to know you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good insight into the significance of language and culture. We will explore this idea quite a bit in our first unit. I hope it resonates with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MLK-Speech

Pop Culture